Introduction: Tea Robot for TfCD
This is an instruction that explains how to make your own tea robot by using smart memory alloys.
necessary tools :
- Tea ball
- Small chain
- Small hook
- Smart wires (0,4m 45 ℃ and 0,8m 70 ℃)
- Arduino and Arduino starter kit
- 12V adapter or 9V battery
Step 1: Programming the Wires
1. Make a tool to secure the wires to when programming.
2. Attach the wires to the tool and make sure the length of the wire with an activation temperature 70 ℃ are twice as 3. long as the wire with an activation temperature of 45 ℃
4. Put the tool for 30 minutes in a 500 ℃ oven
5. Get the tool with the wires out of the oven and cool them down in water.
Step 2: Using Electricity to Activate the Robot
1. Make a circuit board as can be seen on the picture using the wire with an activation temperature of 70 ℃, a mosfet, 2 leds and, 3 10K resistances, 1 470R resistance and the 12V adaptor.
2. Send the following code to the arduino and adjust it to your personal preferences (if you want your tea to be stronger for example).
3. Attach the small chain to the tea ball and the chain to the smartwire.
4. Put the system in your cupboard.
5. Test the system and adjust the activated time of the wire in the arduino code to the height of your cupboard etc.
Enjoy your tea!
Step 3: Using the Steam of the Tea to Activate the Robot
1. Attach the wire with an activation temperature of 45 ℃ to the tea ball.
2. Attach a the small chain to the other hand of the wire and attach this to your cupboard.
3. Test the system and adjust the length of the chain to the height of your cupboard etc.
4. Enjoy your tea!