Step 1: Step 1 Materials and Tools
-Wood (I used some scrap Pine)
-Tap Measure or Long Ruler
-Some form of tape
-Thickness Planer (If you need to change board thickness)
-Jointer (If you like things square)
-Wood Cutting Sled
Step 2: Draw out your design
Step 3: Plan Scrap Wood to Thickness
Steps to joint a board:
1. Lay the widest board face down on joiner feed table.
2. Run board through joiner till it flat.
3. Place new square face on joiner fence and run the board edge through joiner.
You know have a board that has two square sides. Take that board and run it through the planer.
Steps to run board through planer:
1. Take the good flat side that we established on joiner, lay flat on table.
2. Adjust blade height to appropriate height (where it is just touching board top)
3. Run board through planer
4. Repeat this step as you adjust cutting blade depth till you have correct thickness.( My boards were 1/4" thick)