Our Supervisor is Mr Teo Shin Jen http://shin-ajaran.blogspot.sg/
Telemetry - Solar Cells
Our project is using Arduino with the ZigBee to transmit and receive data from the solar cell. Data will be shown in the LCD and the software called “X-CTU”.
1 Arduino Uno
1 ZigBee Shield (Transmitter)
1 ZigBee (Receiver)
1 LCD Monitor
1 Solar Cell
1Resistor (Value may change)
1. Test for Solar Panel
2. LCD Pins
3. Code Used
4. ZigBee Dual Communication Setup
5. Solar Cell and LCD Shield
6. Mounting all the Parts Together
Test for Solar Panel
1. Check the reading of the Open Circuit Voltage and Short Circuit Current at the back of the solar panel.
2. Clip the positive lead from the multimeter to the positive output from the solar panel, and the negative lead to the negative solar panel output.
3. Place the solar panel directly to a bright and consistent light source, such as a desk lamp
4. Turn on the multimeter and set to detect volts. The resulting value should be close to, if not exactly the same as the Open Circuit Voltage reading. As the solar panel is tilt away from the light source, the reading should drop gradually.
5. Configure the mutlimeter to read current by moving the positive lead. Turn on the multimeter and set to detect currents. The resulting value should be close to, if not exactly the same as the Short Circuit Current reading. As the solar panel is tilt away from the light source, the reading should drop gradually.