Some time ago my girlfriend asked me if I would make her one of those telephone microphones like the kind that all of those hipster bands have. So, I of course told her I would. Much time passed... and then I made this.
This is designed to work with the old-style handsets with the carbon mics inside (see picture). It probably won't work with most newer handsets.
I'm sure twelve year olds in 1994 used to call this a "purple polk-a-dot box." I apologize for my |33t h@><0r ignorance.
Step 1: Go Get Stuff.
What you will need:
1. Terminal-Block Cover (Radioshack Part #279-455)
2. AA battery holder (Radioshack Part #270-401A)
3. Micromini Toggle Switch (Radioshack Part #275-624)
4. 1/8" Mono Jack (Radioshack Part #274-251)
5. 1 AA battery
6. 2-5/8" x 2-1/4" cover (aluminum, plastic, cardboard, etc...)
7. 3/16 x 1" nuts and bolts (or one size shorter)
1. 1 roll black gaffers tape
2. 1 roll white gaffers tape
1. Soldering iron
2. Hot glue gun
3. Drill (3/16 and 15/16 drill bits)
4. Flathead screwdriver
5. Needle nose pliers
6. Wire stripper