If you have persons of very different heights using the same shower, smooth shower walls, and the "telephone" (handheld) style shower head, here's a fairly simple and inexpensive way to create a suction-cup based mount, providing another position to hang the shower head.
Step 1: Materials and Tools
- one suction cup grab bar/handle (can be found for $10 or less in the bath section of most home improvement stores)
- the hanging bracket from a spare telephone shower head (ideally that matches your real shower head)
- a long bolt and nut (I would provide an exact length, but it depends on the model of grab bar/handle)
- a drill and bit to match the diameter of the bolt
- a wrench suitable in size to tighten the bolt/nut