Step 1: Materials and Tools
- one suction cup grab bar/handle (can be found for $10 or less in the bath section of most home improvement stores)
- the hanging bracket from a spare telephone shower head (ideally that matches your real shower head)
- a long bolt and nut (I would provide an exact length, but it depends on the model of grab bar/handle)
- a drill and bit to match the diameter of the bolt
- a wrench suitable in size to tighten the bolt/nut
Step 2: Drill hole
Step 3: Thread bolt through original bracket pieces
Then thread your bolt through the pipe fitting on the spare bracket unit, right through where the water would normally flow. If this opening is too small (as mine was), just drill/dremmel the opening until the bolt will fit.
Before you move to the next step, make sure you've got the plastic locking ring on as well.