Introduction: Telescope Eyepiece Adapter
I recently bought a new telescope which used 1.25 inch eyepieces. However, I had four 0.965 inch eyepieces from my old telescope, which I was unable to use. Until I created this adapter! This instructable will show you how to create an adapter for 0.965 inch telescope eyepieces to fit in a 1.25 inch telescope.
Step 1: Materials & Tools Needed
- 0.965 telescope eyepiece(s)
- Dishwasher hose adapter (or thick rubber tube with 1 inch inner diameter and 1.25 inch outer diameter)
- Telescope with 1.25 inch opening
- Vice (or something to hold the tube)
Step 2: Create Adapter
1. Place hose in vice (or whatever you are using to cut hose)
2. Cut to desired length. Two and a half inches should do it. If you are using the dishwasher hose adapter, cut right where the adapter goes down in size (see photo)
Step 3: Fit Adapter & Eyepiece in Telescope
In this step, I've taken the focuser off of my telescope. You do not need to do this. It is for illustration only.
1. Insert prepared hose (adapter) into the telescope focuser. It should fit snugly with no gaps
2. Tighten any thumbscrews to secure the adapter
3. Unscrew eyepiece element from any focal tube (optional/if applicable)
4. Insert eyepiece element into adapter. It should fit snugly
Step 4: View the Heavens
Enjoy using your new adapter with a variety of size eyepieces! Here is a photo I took through the eyepiece of my telescope.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.