Step 1: Gather Your Supplies
- needle-nosed pliers
- any type of wire-cutting pliers
- soldering iron
- solder board
- computer with Arduino software http://arduino.cc/en/main/software
- color-coded wire (5 colors)
- hot glue gun & glue sticks
- 9V battery
- Arduino "Uno" micro-controller w/ USB cord ($30) https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11021
- 9V barrel jack adapter ($4) https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9518
- electret microphone amplifier ($7) http://www.adafruit.com/products/1063
- 76 dB Piezo Buzzer or similar ($4) http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?produc...
- LED light http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?produc...
- safety pin
- static-proof plastic bag
Most local electronics/hobbies stores (Radioshack, etc.) will have all the supplies on hand except for the Arduino Uno and 9V battery component, and the electret mic. These can be ordered online, however. Just check out the links.