This protein and micronutrient rich tempeh stir fry can be made in 30 min and it is great for mealprep. This recipe yields 4 servings and it is vegetarian and contains over 25 g of complete protein per servng.
Tempeh (for those of you who are not familiar with this protein source): It is a great complete vegan protein source. It is a soy product that originated from Indonesia and basically uses a natural slow fermentation process to make soy beans into a cake form. Due to the fermentation process it is considered to be healthier than tofu as a vegan/vegetarian protein source. You can find tempeh in trader joes, asian markets, whole foods, or the vegetarian section of most grocery stores (even walmart). I got this 16 oz tempeh from trader joes for about $2.50.
Calorie and Macro Information per serving (4 total): 353 calories, 9.1 F, 42.3 C, 27.3 P, 13 g fiber
Ingredients: Organic 3 grain tempeh (from trader joes), 16 oz container (you can use any other 16 oz tempeh), chopped into small cubes 1 container (2 pound) plain nonfat yogurt from trader joes (you can buy other nonfat plain yogurt) 1/2 head cauliflower (~ 400 g) 1 large zucchini chopped (~328 g) 1 medium red bell pepper sliced (~147 g) Sliced crimini mushroom (~156 g) 100 g curly kale 1 chopped yellow onion (~157g) 1 medium tomato chopped (~199g) 1/2 tbsp organic plain butter (~7 g) 2 tbsp curry powder 1 tbsp turmeric powder 1 tbsp onion powder 2 tsp ground black pepper 1 tsp ground sea salt 1.5 tbsp chili powder 0.5 tbsp red pepper flakes
1. Add butter, onion, tomato, 0.5 tbsp curry powder, 0.5 tbsp turmeric powder, sea salt, black pepper, 0.5 tbsp chili powder, 1 tsp onion powder into a large frying pan. Stir for 3 min at medium-high heat.
2. Add in tempeh and mix for another 3 min. Then add in hard veggies of your choice (zucchini and cauliflower). Mix for another 1 min. Then season again with sea salt, black pepper, 0.5 tbsp turmeric powder, 0.5 tbsp curry powder, 0.5 tbsp chili powder, 1 tsp onion powder, and cook for another 3 min.
3. Add in soft veggies now (kale, bell pepper, and mushrooms). Mix well for 1 min. Season again with black pepper, sea salt, 0.5 tbsp chili powder, 1tsp onion powder, and 0.5 tbsp curry powder. Mix again for 1 min then add in the yogurt.
4. Mix the yogurt evenly with the curry mixture and simmer for 15 min.
5. Turn off the stove and season one last time with salt, black pepper, 0.5 tbsp red pepper flakes, and 0.5 tbsp curry powder. Mix very well and let it sit for at least 10 min.
Divide into 4 containers or serve fresh!
Enjoy and to make it thicker you can add in onion puree or flour :-)
Check out my other health/fitness/recipe videos here: https://www.youtube.com/c/getfitwithmindynow