NOTE: I JUST NOTICED THE PICTURES LINKS ARE BROKEN I WILL FIX SOON!
Step 1: Preliminary
Easy to Moderate
20 to 30 Minutes
Sharp edges present
Tools, Parts, Materials, Test Equipment
 RJ45 Connector, Male
 Cutter, Wire 4 In. Diagonal
 Strippers Wire 1187
 Crimper, Paladin 8000 Series
 Crimper, Paladin Die 2687
CAT5e Connector Boot
a. Gather all required tools and materials.b. Clear a workspace.
Step 2: Prep the Cable
a. Remove the outer jacket using a specialized stripper or carefully with a sharp blade. (blue, yellow, red etc)
- Cut the jacket back about one inch.
- Remove cut jacket
- Place boot on wire (not required)b. Organize the wires
- Untwist the wires (only as far back to the jacket if you go further you could reduce quality).
- Arrange according to the T568B standard.
- Cut the wires about a half inch in length from the jacket (you can place the connector next to the wires to get a better idea where to cut).
Step 3: Terminate the Cable
Terminate the cable
c. Place male connector on cable
- With the male connector tab facing down place the connector on the cable.
- Ensure the connector is seated properly.
- Ensure the wires are arranged properly and haven't shifted during installation.d. Crimp the male connector
- With cable in the connector place the connector into the crimper.
- verify the jacket hasn't moved.
- Crimp the connector on the jacket.
- Place boot over the connector.
Step 4: Test the Cable
a. Test using a continuity tester if desired (or plug one end to a router and the other to a computer for a simple function test).