Step 1: Great Stuff
There are many ways to make a background for your terrarium tank. This is the way I like to do it:
I get a foam board (1/4) available at most department stores. I get a can of "Great Stuff"and spray it all over the board. I make random patterns and swirls . Some areas I'll make thicker than others . It expands as it dries. Use gloves because this Stuff is almost impossible to get off your hands . Read on ...
Step 2: Supplies
One foam board. 1/4 -1/2 in thick
One can Great Stuff..
One bag of coconut husk
One can of brown spray paint
Bark chips , rocks and other decor
Step 3: Decor
Step 4: Steps:
1. Spray Great Stuff onto the foam board
2. While still wet incorporate bark rocks and other decor.
3. -Let dry
4. Tape off areas that you don't want spray painted.
5. Spray paint the background
6. While still wet, sprinkle the coconut husk shavings in the background . (Do this with paper or container underneath to catch excess.
7. Repeat steps 5 -7 if needed.
8 remove tape and touch up areas
9 with a knife, carve holes in some bigger areas for plants to go in.
10. Trim your background to fit into your tank.
11: glue it in and hold it in place as the glue dries. I use gorilla glue .