The Art History Puzzle project uses the topic of Tessellations to explore:
1. The work of M.C. Escher and the influence of abstract geometrical designs of the Alhambra in Spain.
2. The contributions and work of painters such as Chagall, Stuart, Van Gogh, and da Vinci.
3. Observational drawing and the use of a grid drawing system.
Skills that are developed during the project:
1. Grid drawing system: Measurement and eye/hand coordination.
2. Tessellation template: Non-objective design and sequential directions.
3. Puzzle: Safe use of an X-acto knife and problem solving.