- plywood bamboo strip approx. 2" x 16"
- glass 25mm x 150mm test tubes from Drillspot
- size 10 cork stoppers to match test tubes from Mcmaster
- 22mm x 4mm rubber O-rings to match test tubes from Mcmaster
- assorted spices
- skinny measuring spoons from Lee Valley
- screw hook to hold measuring spoons
- mini L brackets
- hanging hardware for plaster or drywall walls
- saw to cut wood
- drill or drill press (better) to drill holes in wood and hang rack
- 1 1/8" Forstner bit to make clean holes that are slightly larger than test tube diameter, but smaller than O-ring.
Cut appropriately sized strips of wood for your test tube rack. On a drill press, use a 1 1/8" forstner bit to create evenly spaced holes on the rack. Try to drill as straight as possible if you're using a hand drill. Slip the O-rings onto the test tubes, fill with spices, and insert cork stopper into the top.
Hang test tube rack onto the wall with small steel L brackets using appropriate anchors or hardware for your specific wall type.