A well balanced recipe should encompass as many flavor elements as possible in order to give a full an satisfying eating experience. This recipe for Texas Caviar will feature elements of sweet, salty, umami (savory), and aromatic with some acid to make it really pop. I can think of no other dish that so comprehensively tastes like summer time and can play so many roles. It is a great dip for chips or crackers as well as an outstanding side dish to complement grilled foods.
The ingredients you will need include:
- Sweet Yellow Corn on the Cob (3 ears)
- White Onion (1/2 large onion)
- Tomato (1 with seeds removed)
- Black Beans (1 can, low or reduced sodium)
- Cilantro (1/2 bundle)
- Jalapeno (seeds left in. After all, this is Texas Caviar)
- Black Pepper (fresh ground, of course)
- Garlic Powder
Now, without further ado, lets get cooking!