A twist on a traditional cake. A bite size goodness of this cake and before you know it,you end up devouring the whole sheet of cookies. Not that it happened to me…No, hypothetically speaking! These cookies are moist with a kick of coffee.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1⅓ cup all purpose gf flour ( I used Bob’s Red Mill )
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- ½ cup butter
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 TBSPS instant coffee (optional)
Step 2: INSTRUCTIONS
To make the cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350°Line baking sheet with parchment , set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer beat butter and sugar together until light, scraping sides frequently.Add in egg and vanilla and continue mixing until incorporated.
- Mix in baking powder and salt.Turn mixer to low and slowly add in flour. Dough will be thick.
- In a microwave safe bowl heat chocolate chips on high in 30 second increments until melted, stirring after every 30 seconds.Mix melted chocolate directly into cookie dough until evenly mixed.
- Drop dough by a measured tablespoon sized mounds onto baking sheet. Bake for 7-8 minutes until cookies just appear set. They will still be very soft on the inside. DO NOT overtake!!
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Make the icing:
- In a medium saucepan combine butter, instant coffee,cocoa powder and milk over medium heat, whisking until melted together.
- Remove from heat and whisk in powdered sugar.Pour icing over cookies and allow icing to set before serving.