In this instructable, I will demonstrate how to make your own c-stand out of plumbing pieces for under $10! The C-stand i made in the picture below is pretty sturdy, and looks a lot like the real thing.
On the next page we'll discuss the materials for this project...
Please vote for this project in the Digital Days Photo contest going on right now!
Step 1: Supplies
The things you will need are:
- 3/4 inch PVC pipe - This stuff is usually sold in lengths of 10ft. Buy ten feet of this pipe. You will not have much leftover
- 1/2 inch PVC pipe - Just like above, buy a 10 foot piece. This pipe will form the riser, or the part that goes up and down to adjust the height.
- 2 3/4 tee junctions
- 4 3/4 elbow junctions - These are those 90-degree connectors
- 3 3/4 caps - These will be put on the legs to cover them.
- 1 3/4 straight connector
- 1 3/4 to 1/2 adapter - This adapter will make sure the 1/2" pipe will slide smoothly
- Drill tap - You will need a tap to make screw threads in the adapter.
- Screw - This eye-bolt screw should match the size of the tap above.