This ible will show you how to make a iPhone or Smart phone tripod mount in 10 min using basic tools in your shop. With this you can attach the phone to a tripod. Also i find attaching it to a mini tripod gives you a handle that you can do way better hand held shots that are exponentially more stable and watchable.
Here is the video of the build:
Step 1: Tools and materials
- Handsaw i prefer the fancy dancy Japanese saws as they cut really nice in PVC
- Miter box
- 13/64 drill bit
- 1/4-20 tap
- coarse file
- Utility knife
- Carpenters square
- Vice or clamp to hold the PVC when cutting the slot for the phone
- Really messy bench top (not needed but good for a ible 'Cool factor'
- 3/4 inch PVC preferably thick walled (either plumbing or electrical (the cream color or grey color) PVC will do)
- Mini tripod (you can get these at WallMart or discount store for a couple dollars