As you may know I like it to play with high voltages and with Plasma devices... it's "Science & Adventure"!
With this Instructable I show you how to make your own Steampunk Plasma Lantern, running with 300 Volts! For the power I use a flash unit from a disposal camera from KODAK. This small units are running with only one small battery (1.5V) and are easely to convert.
So, if you are interested, keep reading. We will start with an overview about the stuff you need for your project.
But please only open the case of a disposal camera when you know what you are doing. The capacitor could still have a lot of power in and there is the possibility of an electric shock if you touch the wrong parts!!! If you are not sure how to use the flash unit of a disposal camera please read some tutorials first - and always be careful!!!
Step 1: The Material for your Steampunk Lantern
Further I used the following stuff:
- a neon filled bulb, called flickering bulb
- a few brass rings and brass parts for decoration
- the flash unit from a disposal camera from KODAK
- a battery clip for a single battery
- cables, a switch
- a heavy brass ring for the bottom, some wood and screws