This "Instructable" is a special one. I hope it will give you some ideas how to build some special artwork and may you will build your own Steampunk MP3 Jukebox.
Most of the parts I used you may don't find for your project, but the ideas behind will inspire you to do your own thing.
I keep it simple and the pictures will tell you the story about the construction of "The Airship Pirate's Steampunk Jukebox".
If you have questions about some steps, please write me a few words. I will always try to help you.
So let's start with this special piece of machinery...
Step 1: The Idea behind this Project
I combined an old tube radio with an old industry panel computer to create something new. All used parts are from the junk yard - only for the black color and some brass screws I spent a few bucks.
More information you find on my website www.thechocolatist.com - sorry the page is in German...:-)
- The radio was a NORDMENDE Superstereo
- The speakers are from a broken car
- The two glass domes I got from an exhibition as they wrecked a sales stand
- All the heavy brass parts are from the trash - I have a huge collection in my laboratory... see the picture
- The panel computer is from the electric yunk yard - I used three broken ones to get one running one!
- The Power supply for the pc and the used wireless mouse are from the trash too