Introduction: The Bellulus Sniper Rifle: a Steampunk Prop Rifle
After finishing the Angocoellum I was sort of out of projects (at least ones that I wanted to do). Then, this guy from my dojo asked if I was planning on attending a comic convention near us and my sister was instantly all for going to it so in the mad rush of costume planning we decided that a pair of steampunk assassins would be really fun. I already had my gun (the angocoellum) and only needed to make slight modifications to render it non functional (until the next free weekend after the con to restore it) to comply with the security guidelines so I was all set but she still needed a killer weapon to complete her costume and we set about designing and creating this.
Materials: it's made of old latches, screws, door parts, a shower curtain rod, some leftover wood from the Angocoellum project, electrical tape and a hefty supply of paints, gilding, stains, and polyurethane.
It's ridiculously long as she's going to play a more snipery role but for some reason she wanted a very short stock (to accentuate the length of the barrel would be my guess)
She sketched out the preliminaries while I whipped up some back story for our characters and then I critiqued it and toyed with it and we took turns messing with the design until she had something that she really liked.
Lol she only took 1-2 shop classes like . . .ever . . .so it was good fun getting her re-acquainted with the power tools that she avoids like the plague.
All in all this is a joint effort so she deserves as much credit as I do so let me know what you all think and I'll be sure to pass on the comments to her.
I'd say that the twisting on the handle was probably the most fun to do. Dremmel and files all the way!
Make sure to check out the image notes . . .they should be worth reading