- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of melted butter
- 1/4 cup anisette
- 3 tbsp of vanilla
- 2 tbsp of water
- 6 eggs
- 5 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 2 cups chopped almonds (optional)
In a bowl, mix the sugar, anisette, butter, and vanilla. Mix the flour with the baking powder, then mix that with the sugar mixture. (Optional) Mix with the nuts. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Shape the dough into flat loaves about 1/2 an inch thick and 2 inches wide. Put these on trays and bake at 375° F for 20 minutes.
Remove them from the oven and slice each loaf into slices about 1/2 an inch thick. Lay these slices back onto the trays and bake them for an additional 15 minutes at 375° F. Let them cool and they are ready to serve!
I was inspired to make these cookies because....
- We needed a snack for our 4th of July party.
- My Italian family often makes these.
- My grandfather was coming to the party and he loves these!
You should make these because...
- They are great Christmas cookies.
- They are good school snacks
- They are delicious and easy to make!
I hope you enjoy making your delicious Italian Biscotti! Enjoy!