The basics of making Rice Krispies treats are simple. Here's how it goes:
- Over low, low heat, melt the butter in a pot
- Once it's melted, add the marshmallows
- Still with low heat, stir the marshmallows until thoroughly melted and cook another minute
- Turn off heat
- Stir in cereal
- Transfer to buttered pan
- Cover with wax paper and press down
- Let cool for 20 minutes and cut it up
If you've made Rice Krispies treats before, all of this should be familiar. I just want to emphasize the low heat. The flame should just tickle the bottom of the pan. Be patient, it still doesn't take that long.
Extra: For easy clean-up, just soak the pot in hot water and give it a few minutes
With the technique down, let's make some treats!