So I decided to try and find out what is the best Rice Krispies treat out there. Eating them fresh is key, but what else can be done? This Instructable is all about the goal of making the best basic Rice Krispies treat and not about all the other tasty stuff you can add to make it more complex.
OK, let's begin!
Step 1: How to make Rice Krispie treats
- Over low, low heat, melt the butter in a pot
- Once it's melted, add the marshmallows
- Still with low heat, stir the marshmallows until thoroughly melted and cook another minute
- Turn off heat
- Stir in cereal
- Transfer to buttered pan
- Cover with wax paper and press down
- Let cool for 20 minutes and cut it up
Extra: For easy clean-up, just soak the pot in hot water and give it a few minutes
With the technique down, let's make some treats!
Step 2: Official recipe
- 3 tbsp (42g) butter
- 4 cups (180g) mini-marshmallows
- 6 cups (158g) Rice Krispies
So it's OK, but not exciting. We need some changes!