In this instructable I'll be showing you a super simply way to drive your flybacks! because i know for a fact that I'm tired of transistor type drivers and even the ZVS's are a pain. So get ready for this because I'm sure it'll make you excited as it did for me! heres my video tutorial for some more help.
Step 1: Materials and Important Tools Needed
- A Florescent light ballast: got mine off of amazon. just look for anything called a ballast. very old types done work, they use low frequency. so find a newerish kind.
- You'll need a flyback of course, get a nice big juicy one for some good arcs! and remember, older the better!
- A multi-meter is used to find your HV negative and primary coil in your flyback.
- something to submerge your flyback in. you'll want a sealed container, fill it with mineral oil and use that to insulate your flyback. if you dont do this, your flyback is likely to arc to other pins and will burn out.
- other commons like soldering iron and wire stirppers. you'll also need a 120V wall plug cord for the ballast.