This instructable will show you techniques to preserve the information about the quilt and things you can do to keep the emotional attachments associated with it alive and in your memory forever.
Step 1: Materials List
1. Finished handmade quilt.
2. Quality picture frame that will display several pictures.
3. 8X10 quality picture frame that will hang on the wall.
4. Leftover scraps from the quilt. (optional)
6. Quality printed picture of finished quilt.
7. Several printed pictures of the giver, receiver, and family members.
8. Acid free paper should be used for pictures.
9. Box, suitcase, or chest to store quilt.
10. Potpourri, baby powder, ceder blocks or essential oil.
11. Children's favorite books, stuffed animals and keepsakes.
12. Hand written letter from giver.
13. Hand written letter from receiver.
14. Copy of the quilt's pattern and instructions if possible.
15. Small scraps of fabric or muslin for sachet.
16. Embroidery needle, thread, and small iron on transfer for the Lavender sachet.
18. Embellishments of your choice for journal, sachet, and box.
19. Wrapping paper, contact paper, or fabric for covering journal and box.
20. Complete newspaper of your area to include with the quilt to show date and events.
21. Embroidery hoop.