Step 4: Letter From The Quilter
The letter from the quilter should serve as a historical record of the quilt. The letter might include:
1. What is the relationship to the receiver?
2. Why the quilt was made for this person.
3. Why was this particular pattern chosen?
4. Were the fabric choices and color relevant?
5. Date the quilt was in the planning process.
6. When was the quilt in the making process?
7. How long did it take you to make the quilt?
8. When was the quilt given to the receiver?
9. Some information about the quilter, date and place of birth, a couple of addresses of some relatives and yourself if someone wanted to reach you regarding the quilt.