He's made almost entirely from reused materials, and can be used as a small but thoughtful gift for your maker friends.
Step 1: What you'll need
- a small box that sugar-free mints come in
- some thick insulated copper wire
- some thinner wire, can be copper or otherwise
- two harddisk magnets. If you don't know how to get them out of and old harddisk, look here and here.
- two of something, anything, that's round, shiny and metallic and will work as eyes
- contact glue
- hot glue
- pliers for stripping, cutting and bending wire
- a hammer
- a nail
- paint stripper and an old brush to apply it
- a hot glue gun
- a heat gun