Step 1: The Ingredients...
- 2/3 stick unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 large egg (break an egg into a cup, beat it, use half for this recipe - scramble the rest for breakfast!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Classic Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 1-1/2 - 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- up to 2 tablespoons milk
Step 2: The Cookie Dough...
- In the bowl combine the butter and sugar and mix for 4 minutes on med-high speed, or until light and fluffy.
- Add the cocoa powder and mix on low speed until it is well combined. Scrape the inside of the mixing bowl.
- Add the egg & vanilla and blend thoroughly; scrape the bowl.
- Mix together flour & cinnamon and add this to the batter.
- Mix on low speed until the dough just comes together.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and chill for 4 hours or overnight. The dough should be firm.