Step 2: Cut off the Bottom of the Bottle
Becareful while cutting glass, don't let it cut you and wear your safety glasses.
1. I used painters tape to help me keep a straight line when cutting. It helped quite a bit from scoring higher on the bottle.
2. After I had my tape on I used a glass cutter to create a score line around the bottle. I did this nice and slow.
3. Fill the sink with cold tap water.
4. Next I removed the tape from the bottle and lit my candle.
--4.1 I rotated th bottle over the flame along the score line. Heating the score line is going to aid in cracking the bottle when i dunk it in cold water.
5. Dunk the hot bottle straight into the cold water, hopefully this will be all you need to do. I had to do more.
--5.1 I tapped on the bottom of the bottle with my glass cutter trying to get it to fall away, it didn't.
--5.2 * What I did was blow my breath air into the bottle as soon as i did that it popped right off.
NOTE When I tapped on the bottle with my glass cutter I think it skewed my score line because the bottle didn't separate evenly. I should have just blown in the bottle and never tapped it.
6. Now the bottle is separated and I need to level out the edges.