Thanks go to Ross Orr for the original article in
MAKE MAGAZINE Volume 09
Step 1: What You Need...
2. A piece of plexiglass or Lexan. Mine was 12" X 12"
3. Plywood or other wood about 1/2" thick
4. Sheet metal. I used some galvanized sheet metal. Anything reflective will work. You could probably get away with using aluminum foil.
5. Glue. You can use any glue that will work with wood, metal and plastic.
6. Light fixture, lamp cord and flourescent bulb. Any home improvement store will have these or just salvage them from an old garage sale lamp.
7. Assorted screws.
Step 2: Build the cover
Then start gluing the ram down on the plexiglass, chip side down. Keep everything nice and straight. Your patience here will determine how the Bytelight ends up looking.