Introduction: The Caprese Salad - a Refreshing and Tasty Meal
Even if you are a veggie and you are looking for a great, refreshing, and tasty dish for your summer try my Caprese Salad!
This dish can be served as a starter or a main course. In this Instructable I will give you the quantities for a starter, if you want them for a main course, just double them.
For a perfect Caprese Salad you will need:
- 1 Fresh organic big tomato (Heirloom tomatoes are the best)
- 1/2 of a Mozzarella de Bufflonne bowl
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh basil
- Few grains of "Fleur de sel"
How to prepare it?
1. Remove the stem from the center of the tomato
2. Slice tomatoes
3. Using a moistened knife with a thin, very sharp blade, slice mozzarella
4. Cut some basil leafs
5. Arrange tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil on a platter as sown in the main picture
6. Cover generously with olive oil tomatoes, mozzarella and basil
7. Add a pinch of Fleur de Sel and Pepper
And it's ready! Enjoy your meal!
Thanks to Rainer Zens, ChefGaynol.com, CoupnClippingCook.com, Christian Mertes and Jon Sullivan for the pictures.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.