- 1x 1" Dowel, cut to 6 Feet in length
- 1x 20" piece of 2x4
- 2x 5" pieces of 2x4
- 1x 20" piece of 1x4
- green wire garland (the thicker & stiffer the wire the better)
- Drill with appropriate bits
- BROWN Duct Tape and or Hockey Tape. Hockey Tape works best as it is not glossy, and looks grittier, almost like tree bark.
Let's get started!
Step 1: Step 1
- In the center of both the 1x4 and the 2x4 drill down a 1" hole sot hat the dowel will slide in snug.
Step 2: Step 2
- Attach the 5" 2x4 pieces to the bottom edges of the 1x4
- lay the 1x4 on top of the 2x4, creating an X shape. Line up the holes and screw the pieces together.
Step 3: Step 3
- Using a picture for reference, such as the Charlie Brown picture attached, take a small drill bit and drill some holes, diagonally down where the branches will hang from.
Step 4: Step 4
- wrap the extensions around the garland into itself creating a tighter package, leaving the very end pieces open for effect.
- Wrap a thin layer of duct tape around the tightened down pieces of garland, providing a "girdle" of sorts to keep them in place.
- attach the open wire end into the holes you drilled and smooth them into place with Duct Tape as well.
Step 5: Completion
- Assemble the tree to the stand and add a large red Christmas tree ball for obvious effect.
- If the top branch is too flimsy add a wire hanger into the mix, this will provide better support for the ball you are hanging.