Introduction: The Cheapest Pneumatic Cylinder Ever Possible! Less Than $2
In this Instructable We'll be showing you How to build the Cheapest and the most Efficient Pneumatic linear actuator.
Why was this Pneumatic Actuator created?
We were actually forced to find a cheap way to build a pneumatic actuator; The price of the actuators were too pricey for us to buy; It was a real deterrent to our progress. After a long struggle and several prototypes, We removed the need for costly tools and O Ring (replaced it with the rubber), so that it can be easily made by anyone in just 15min. The total cost for one cylinder is less than $2.
The given price is just the average price throughout the world
This costed us just 16 cents only!
You can also check out our video
Testing the Pneumatic Cylinder:
Step 1: Collect the Materials
- Syringe x2 ( 2ml - 4ml )
- Metal rod (about 3mm)
- Small washer
- Rubber based adhesive
- Super glue
- Wire cutter or hobby knife
- Thin screwdriver
Step 2: Preparing Body of the Cylinder
- Separate all the parts of the syringe
- Remove the nozzle of one syringe
- Make a hole near the end of the other syringe through the inside ( Yes, from the inside)
- Glue the nozzle to the hole using super glue
- Use the adhesive to seal it
Step 3: Making the Piston Rod
- Fix one rubber part to the metal rod using Super glue
- And also slide the washer into it
- Make a hole in the other rubber and insert it into the rod
- The rubber's cupped side should face away from the cylinder's body
- This will act as the o ring
- Now insert this and fix it using Super glue
Now your super cheap and efficient pneumatic cylinder is ready
Please consider commenting so that we will be able to rectify our mistakes and create Better Instructables in the future
Your suggestions will help us evolve a lot. You can have a look at our other Instructables if you wish
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.