This giant melt has at its core the Big Herbed Chicken Knocker holding up the foundation. Piled high and topped with California's favorite fruit the Avocado or as I like to call it the Alligator Pear. Alligator Pear? Seriously dude look it up. Oh and yes Avocado is a Fruit.
Step 1: Ingredients
Where to begin? What I've done with The Crusher is take a proven rockstar in the popular California Chicken Avocado Club and turn it into an exploding star. Like many of my designs this is meant to be shared. Cut in half or in quarters each portion is a mouth full.
- 6 to 8 ounces Big Herbed Chicken Knocker (I will feature this step in a separate instructables!)
- 3 each cooked strips Farmer John's Bacon
- 4 each slices Sargento Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 3 each slices Francisco International French Rolls made Cheezzy Parmesan Bread style
- 1/2 each fanned cut California Grown Avocado
- 3 each slices Beefsteak Tomato
- 3 each slices large Red Onion
Step 2: Instructions
This step is known as slicing on the bias. This angled
cut allows you to fan out the chicken for presentation. Place the chicken breast on a cutting board face up or flat side down. Starting from the smaller pointed end of the chicken breast make a 45 degree angled cut and repeat making each slice the same thickness a little less then a half inch is recommended.
- Prep 3 each slices Francisco International French Rolls made Cheezzy Parmesan Bread style
- First spread 3 each slices of large Red Onion the width of the bottom french roll.
- Slice 6 to 8 ounces Big Herbed Chicken Knocker cutting on the bias (45 degree angle slice) and lay on top of the red onion covering length of bottom roll.
- Place 2 each slices of Sargento Mild Cheddar Cheese cut diagonally so you have 4 triangle pieces on top of the sliced chicken breast covering completely.
- Put middle roll slice on top of the cheese you laid over the chickenCheezzy Parmesan side up.
- On middle roll spread 3 each slices Beefsteak Tomato then top with 3 each cooked strips Farmer John's Bacon folded or cut in half.
- With the 1/2 eachCalifornia Grown Avocado slice 1/4 inch thick and fan out to cover the bacon.
- Finally put the last 2 each slices of Sargento Mild Cheddar Cheese (cut diagonally) across the fanned avocado to cover completely.
- Place in preheated oven for 4 to 5 minutes at 350 degrees or until the cheese is melted as desired.
- Do not put top roll piece on melt until you remove it from oven.
- Cut in portions either half or quarters there's plenty of tasty melted Cheezzy goodness to go around.