I've always wanted a Larson scanner. Growing up watching shows like Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider and even the A-Team (there was a gold Cylon in it, Face does a double take at it which was a nice touch!) it's hard not to have fallen in love with the hypnotic bouncing light invention of Glen A. Larson.
Step 1: Gather your tools and components!
- Super Sexy Open Source PCB (see link to github)
- Twelve LEDs of your Choice (choose red they're best for these!)
- Four appropriate resistors (we used 39 Ohm)
- 0.1pF Decoupling Capacitor
- AA Battery Pack (or something to give you at least 3V)
- 3x2 Header
- ATTiny2313 preprogrammed with the good stuff (link to code here too)
All available in a neat package from us at phenoptix