In the movie she wore a beautiful striped zone front robe a l'anglaise. As soon as I saw it, I had to make it!! It was quite the endeavor because I'd never made such an elaborate gown before. I used a rust and gold striped cotton for the robe and gold taffeta for the petticoat and zone front. I also used muslin and featherlight boning to create pocket hoops for the dress to lay right. Using pinking shears, I also cut and stitched authentic ruched ruffle for the bottom of the petticoat and the sleeves. I made my own gold taffeta buttons and stitched button holes for the zone front closure and used an antique gold metal closure. I made fabric roses for the back waist to polonaise the skirt.
I wore it to my friends annual masquerade party and it was a hit! It was my first 18th century zone front gown and I was very happy with it :)