Have you ever thought what would happen if you combine LEGO with Nerf? Well it turns out you get this....
I have had two of these guns for about a year now, and want to share it with the world now that I have finished university.
The concept came from the barricade, and wanted to modify but I didn't want to damage it (as it was a present from a friend).
-Range: over 15 meters /50 feet
-Rate Of Fire: 35 darts in under 17 seconds
-Lithium Ion powered (14.8v 900 MAh) lasts up to 8 Hours of use
-Sturdy in battle, no bits drop off when being handled roughly, yet the parts are not glued together in any way, only 3 switches are glued onto the sides of a few bricks.
-Firing push rod always resets itself to quickly fire the next shot, with a smart circuit to eliminating misfiring.
-Light enough to duel wield. (The club I was in stopped me doing so, as I consistently owned them with it) ^_^
-Volume is less than the Nerf Barricade
-Customizable color (red, blue, yellow, white, black or a combination of them)
Well...... see what you think (And if you like it Please Comment, Rate and Vote for it)
And if you are building it, please let me know how it is going/went.
A 3D look at the gun.
A close up look of the internal mechanism:
As you can see from the video, there is a easily accessible safety switch which turns the gun on and off, and a Voltage indicator that shows my gun is 90% charged.
The video shows how the push rod always resets itself back into the same position every time a shot is fired, without this circuit there was a potential lag between pressing the trigger and firing a shot, the circuit also eliminates the gun miss-firing a second shot.
The cogs are used to slow the motor down 5:1, there is potentially a way to change the gearing to increase the rate of fire, I like the speed that it is now, but feel free to experiment.
I recommend you buy "protected" cells, however IF using unprotected cells you should defiantly use a voltage indicator.
0)Never put 14500 cells directly into a device that uses AA batteries.
1)Use specific Lithium Polymer/Li-ion charger only. Do not use a NiMH or NiCd charger- Failure to do so may a cause fire, which may result in personal injury and property damage.
2)Never charge batteries unattended.When charging LiPo/Li-ion batteries you should always remain in constant observation to monitor the charging process and react to potential problems that may occur.
3) Some LiPo/Li-ion chargers on the market may have technical deficiencies that may cause it to charge the LiPo/Li-ion batteries incorrectly or at an improper rate. It is your responsibility solely to assure the charger you purchased works properly. Always monitor charging process to assure batteries are being charged properly. Failure to do so may result in fire.
4)If at any time you witness a battery starting to balloon, swell up, smoke or hot, discontinue charging process immediately, disconnect the battery and observe it in a safe place for approximately 15 minutes.This may cause the battery to leak, and the reaction with air may cause the chemicals to ignite, resulting in fire.
5) Since delayed chemical reaction can occur, it is best to observe the battery as a safety precaution.observation should occur in a safe area outside of any building or vehicle and away from any combustible material.
6)Wire lead shorts can cause fire!If you accidentally short the wires, the battery must be placed in a safe area for observation for approximately 15 minutes. Additionally, if a short occurs and contact is made with metal (such as rings on your hand), severe injuries may occur due to the conductibility of electric current.
7) A battery can still ignite even after 10 minutes.
8) In the event of a crash due to bad shipment or other reason, you must remove battery for observation and place in a safe open area away from any combustible material for approximately 15 minutes.
9) If for any reason you need to cut the terminal wires, it will be necessary to cut each wire separately, ensuring the wires to not touch each other or a short may occur, potentially causing a fire.
10)To solder a connector: Remove insulating tape of Red wire and solder to positive terminal of a connector, then remove insulating tape of Black wire and solder to the negative terminal of connector. Be careful not to short the wire lead. If you accidentally cause the battery to short, place it in a safe open space and observe the battery for approximately 15 minutes.A battery may swell or even possibly catch fire after a short time.
11) Never store or charge battery pack inside your car in extreme temperatures, since extreme temperature could ignite fire.
12) Never drop the batteries.
13) I suggest you put the battery in an enclosure to protect it from damages by liquid or dropping from height accidentally.