Objectives: Create Halloween masks in 5 days and make them as awesome as they can be to win the best costume competition. Therefore, they had to include RGB LEDs, an EL wire and an Arduino to control everything.
Apart from these constraints me and my flatmate Kestas set up some design specifications for our masks. It has to be:
- Easy to drink and eat while wearing the mask,
- Possible to talk to other people,
- Doesn’t obstruct vision too much,
- Won’t start falling apart while dancing,
- Easy to put on and take off,
After some research on the internet we decided to make our masks from papier mache, because it’s cheap and it’s easy to learn. This post on geekLabs was a really good post briefly covering everything we needed.
So, without further ado, let's start building!