Introduction: The Hammock Chair
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- 2 yds. of resistant fabric
- A resistant stick/branch/tube, we recommend to use one with length of 35 inches or longer
- Spring snap or a quick link
- 40 yds. of rope
Step 1: ''The Main Fabric''
- Cut a section of fabric of 45 inches of length and 50 inches of width.
- Sew a hem on the 4 sides of the fabric.
- We will be referring to this as the ''main fabric''.
Step 2: ''Fabric Strips''
- Cut 24 strips of 6 inches of length and 2.5 inches of width
- For having more resistance we are using twofold fabric, sew both of the fabric together.
- Take the strips and flip them from the inside to the outside.
Step 3: ''The Needlework''
- Do little marks dividing the main fabric in 12 parts, starting from small dimensions and we will be ascending to bigger ones. You can use a piece of soap or a chalk.
- Do this on both sides of 50 inches of the main fabric.
- Take the strips and place them centered to the divisions you made in the main fabric, sew them.
- Cut a section of fabric of 19 inches of length and 50 inches of width, place it centered into the main fabric and sew it. It can be a different color; it would look better and provide resistance.
Step 4: ''Knots''
- Take the stick and two small nails, place them at the end of the stick, this will give stability to the rope.
- Start doing the knots, use double rope for more strength.
- Join the rope with the spring snap or the quick link.
- Cut the rope with the measures that appear at the photos, put them through the strips that are in the main fabric and make the knots tying them into the stick.
Step 5: ''Pads''
- Finally take two pads and place them at the main rope, they can be reused from the ones you have at home or make your own if you like and it’s really simple. If you decide to make your own pads you can cut small strips of old clothes and use them for the filled.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.