Introduction: The Lighter Gun
I realized this lighter gun just for fun.
2 september 2016 : I made a new PDF file named LG2.PDF for cutting wood parts. Dimensions seem correct if you print at 100% scale. Try it.
Step 1: What I Need
- a lighter
- plywood 12 and 5 mm thick
- 2 wooden dowels 5 mm diameter 22 mm long
- wire (from a clothes hanger)
- 5 mm silicone tubing
- any screws
- jigsaw, drill, screwdriver, sandpaper, file, pliers, varnish or wax
Step 2: Preparation
- print page 2 of the PDF, report the print to the plywood (I glue the paper on the wood before cutting)
- cut wooden parts : front and back side (5mm), inner blocks and trigger (12mm), dowels ..
- drill the holes
- the trigger must be sanded or file to be a little thinner than 12mm, so it can move between the 2 faces
- the small wooden rectangle is the guide for the wire
- paint or wax the wood parts (not the faces wich will be glued) or paint it later
the PDF file give you the approximate dimensions.
(Be careful, inspire you from the drawings but adapt the dimensions at your lighter. The drawings are not perfect)
Step 3: Assembly
- on the rear side glue the pieces called "inner blocks"
- glue the small wooden rod (dowel 5mm) which prevents the lighter to go back when trigged
- glue the second 5mm dowel on the trigger
- put the trigger at his place
- assembly the front side with screws
- bend the metal wire by inspiring you from pictures
- screw the metal wire on the trigger with the small spacer (5 mm silicone tube)
- screw the small rectangle of wood that the wire guide
Note: what is glued is not removable
what is screwed can be disassembled and reassembled