Check out the printable recipe here: http://vegetarianbaker.com/Raw-Vegan-Pumpkin-Chee...
Every November I get the same question: As a vegan & vegetarian, what do I serve for dessert at Thanksgiving or Christmas? This year, I've teamed up with Global Sensation Sophie Uliano to create the perfect answer to that question: Raw, Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake! This dessert is absolutely amazing - Full of incredible super foods, absolutely delicious and everyone will love it.
Sophie's Raw Vegan Crust: http://bit.ly/RawVeganCrust
This video is Part 2: How to make the raw vegan pumpkin cheesecake filling.This part was a bit of a challenge to use raw pumpkin without cooking it. For those who don't know what raw is, it is a diet that combines the concepts of veganism and raw foodism. It excludes all food and products of animal origin, as well as food cooked at a temperature above 118 °F. If you have recipe you would like to see me make, let me know in the comments below. Let me know of what you think of this recipe on via twitter or instagram(@vegetarianbaker & #thevegetarianbaker)
I am using the new Vitamix 780 High Powered Blender. Make sure to subscribe to see the future recipes I will be using it to make.
Subscribe, It's Free: http://bit.ly/SubscribeToVegetarianBaker
- Sugar Pumpkin | 2 Cups, Shredded & Soaked Overnight
- Cashews | 1 1/4 Cups, Soaked Overnight
- Dates | 1 Cup, Soaked Overnight
- Nut Milk | 1/4 Cup
- Lemon Juice | 1 Tsp
- Vanilla Bean | 1 ea
- Ground Cinnamon | 1 Tsp
- Group Nutmeg | 1/4 Tsp
- Ground Allspice | 1/4 Tsp
- Ground Ginger | 1/4 Tsp
- Pinch of Salt
- Coconut Oil | 1/4 Cup, Melted
- Vegan Whipped Cream for Garnish: http://bit.ly/VeganWhippedCream
- Crust Recipe: http://bit.ly/VeganWhippedCream
- Make sure to soak your shredded pumpkin, dates, and cashews overnight.
- Place all ingredients in to a blender or food processor, minus the coconut oil. Blend until smooth for 60 seconds.
- Add the coconut oil last, blend for 15 more seconds.
- Pour your cheesecake filling into your crust. Tap against the counter top in order to remove any air bubbles.
- Place your cheesecake into the freezer for 24 hours or until completely set.
- Before enjoying, remove your cheesecake from the freezer and allow to thaw in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours. It should be easy to slice with a warmed knife.
- Top with vegan whipped cream and a dash of ground cinnamon.