Introduction: The Pointless Switch
The pointless switch. This switch is actually rather pointless, however, it is extremely hard to ignore if you see it. The temptation to flick the switch is very high. The feeling of not knowing what the switch does, and not knowing whether the word 'pointless' is there to make you flick it is just unbearable. Until you finally crack and flick it.
This can be modified to so many possibilities. Like making a new case, the switch, making the switch into a button, ect.
Anyway, i hope you like this instructable. Please rate, comment and subscribe!
Step 1: Cutting the Wire
- Get an old appliance with a flick switch, dolnt use anything expensive unless it is broken.
- Grab some pliers or wire cutters.
- Get an small-ish box.
- Lay the wire/switch out like so
- Cut the wire on either side of the switch so all you have left IS the switch.
Step 2: Cutting the Box
- Place the switch on the box where you would like it to go.
- Take a pencil and trace around the switch
- This is what mine looked like, its faint, but good enough to cut it.
- Grab a craft/carpet knife or just simply grab some scissors.
- Cut around the outline you just made. If its a bit messy dont worry, you wont see that bit later.
- Just quickly push the switch into place in your hole to make sure it fits. If it doesnt, cut the box until it fits nice and snug.
Step 3: Stuffing the Box
- What it should look like inside the box. Nothingness with the back of the switch poking out.
- Grab some tape.
- Put it over the back of the switch, making sure its level and that you dont push it out the other side.
- Grab a roll of tissue or paper, or tissue paper!
- Make a ball and scrunch it up.
- Pop it into the box like so.
- Repeat this until the box is full, but make sure that the box is really CRAMMED in, so its not squishy.
- Close the lid of the box, if you have one.
- Add more tape over the lid just to make it more secure.
Step 4: Covering the Box
For this bit i used sticky shiny paper, if you dont have any of this, you may paint, colour or cover your box in paper.
- These were my sticker sheets
- I put one sticker here
- Another one here
- Then i put 2 at the sides
- Then i put one on the top and covered the back. (basically just cover the whole box)
Step 5: (Optional) Insert a Label
A very simple step. I decided to put on a label that read: The Pointless switch. Just to lure them into flicking it =P
There are no step numbers for this one. I just wrote it on the paper and glued it on, but you can do whatever you want.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.