This can be modified to so many possibilities. Like making a new case, the switch, making the switch into a button, ect.
Anyway, i hope you like this instructable. Please rate, comment and subscribe!
Step 1: Cutting the Wire
- Get an old appliance with a flick switch, dolnt use anything expensive unless it is broken.
- Grab some pliers or wire cutters.
- Get an small-ish box.
- Lay the wire/switch out like so
- Cut the wire on either side of the switch so all you have left IS the switch.
Step 2: Cutting the Box
- Place the switch on the box where you would like it to go.
- Take a pencil and trace around the switch
- This is what mine looked like, its faint, but good enough to cut it.
- Grab a craft/carpet knife or just simply grab some scissors.
- Cut around the outline you just made. If its a bit messy dont worry, you wont see that bit later.
- Just quickly push the switch into place in your hole to make sure it fits. If it doesnt, cut the box until it fits nice and snug.
Step 3: Stuffing the Box
- What it should look like inside the box. Nothingness with the back of the switch poking out.
- Grab some tape.
- Put it over the back of the switch, making sure its level and that you dont push it out the other side.
- Grab a roll of tissue or paper, or tissue paper!
- Make a ball and scrunch it up.
- Pop it into the box like so.
- Repeat this until the box is full, but make sure that the box is really CRAMMED in, so its not squishy.
- Close the lid of the box, if you have one.
- Add more tape over the lid just to make it more secure.
Step 4: Covering the Box
For this bit i used sticky shiny paper, if you dont have any of this, you may paint, colour or cover your box in paper.
- These were my sticker sheets
- I put one sticker here
- Another one here
- Then i put 2 at the sides
- Then i put one on the top and covered the back. (basically just cover the whole box)
Step 5: (Optional) Insert a Label
There are no step numbers for this one. I just wrote it on the paper and glued it on, but you can do whatever you want.