Introduction: The Pop Bottle Plant Pot----A Improvised Plant Pot From a 2-liter Pop Bottle
Once upon a time somewhere in suburbia there were two avid gardeners Lucy and Susie. They loved to garden and seeing as they were mother and daughter shared plants and gardening secrets all the time. All was going well in suburbia until Susie decided to visit her mother's house to get ahydrangea Lucy had rooted. So off she went. On her way Susie discovered that she had forgotten to bring any plant pots. Now to travel anywhere without the essentials of her hobby was a cardinal sin, but Susie was smart in the ways of the planted shrubbery so upon arriving at Lucy's house and having explained her situation Susie did this. ...
Step 1: The Materials
with the help of her mother Lucy, Susie managed to rustle up the following items from various common places around Lucy's house.
1. a two liter pop bottle rinsed out thoroughly with plain tap water no soap
2. a large clean coffee filter
3. a sharpie or other such permanent writing utensil (optional)
4. a pocket knife or other such cutting instrument
Step 2: The Assembly of the Planted Vessel
now the assembly of the pop bottle plant pot is quite simple all you must do is....
1. cut the bottle in half
2. flip the top of the bottle around and place it into the bottom like in the picture
3. duct tape it together (optional)
4. place the coffee filter in like so
5. add dirt
6. add plant
7. add water
Step 3: The Magic Behind the Pop Bottle Plant Pot
the way the pop bottle plant pot works is through the process of evaporation so here is what happens
1. water is put into the PBPP
2. the top half is placed onto the bottom half
3. the plant is added
4. the sun heats the water
5. the water evaporates
6. the water provides food for the plant by keeping the dirt moist
and that is it that is how you make the amazing pop bottle plant pot
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.