However, since it's Halloween time I've decided to make an exception. This is a NY style cheesecake dyed orange with a black swirl. Sounds good but I wanted more PRECIOUS chocolate. The "bark" is made from white chocolate melts that came in the color black and I added some Halloween sprinkles, candy eyes, and my favvvvv Reese's Pieces.
Sure to delight your guests at a party and give your taste buds a dangerous trip to candy land.
---Everything you will need in a nutshell---
• 2 cups of gram cracker crumbs.
• 2 tablespoons butter, melted
• 9" spring form pan (note: you do not have to use a spring form pan, but your finished product crust will be thicker)
• A large sheet of aluminum foil. Enough to cup the bottom of the 9" pan.
THE CHEESECAKE (COLORED)
• A large bowl
• 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
• 1 1/2 cups white sugar
• 3/4 cup milk
• 4 eggs
• 1 cup sour cream
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• Orange and black food coloring.
• two separate mixing bowls for the two different colors
• 1 pound of white chocolate melts dyed black.
• Fun Halloween sprinkles
• Your favorite candy. For me I choose Reese's Pieces because it won't overpower and will add to the flavor of the bark and cheesecake.
• wax paper
• large cooking sheet