Range: ~60-65 ft
Mag: 8-9 yellow rods, non removable
Bands: 4 #64 bands
Video link (be sure to subscribe and check out my other stuff. I try to post regularly but Spanish 2 class manages to foil my plans.) https://youtu.be/uNuCMzkJ6cA
Special thanks to blue mullet for the trodden inspiration! Make sure to check him out!
Step 1: How I Built It
1. I started the saber 2 with the stock. I already wanted to modify the original guns stock and also extended it by 2 connectors.
2. I attached the handle (very similar to the original rifle.
3. I built the 5th layer and connected it to the handle.
4. I searched and tried many triggers and settled upon a similar layout to blue mullets m 1 garand (check it out...I will wait).
5. I had previously decided on yellow rods so next I built the mag. I originally wanted a slanted mag but I couldn't make it work.
6. I filled in the top of the barrel and the bottom of the gun and brought it up to 4 layers.
7. I finished the fake barrel and added the 5th layer on this side.
8. I made sure everything worked by firing 75 rounds through it and tested the sights.
9. The 7th layers came next and were added then changed then added then changed....until I found the ones I wanted.
10. I banded the layers on and went about strengthening the various weak points of the gun.
11. I did a general check to make sure everything works just right and then shot another 50 rounds through it.
12. Once satisfied I played with it for about 3-4 days and made changes here and there until I was happy with the new changes.
13. I don't like ending on a 13 but lastly I made some banding changes, re taped and banded the pin, and started the video.
Total build time: ~8 hours plus ~2 hours of testing= ~10 hours