Step 1: Starting to built
of the straight sections of wire on a flat surface. Using a razor blade, strip ONLY the
TOP surface of the wire. Be sure not to strip the sides or the bottom, just the top. Strip
the wire from the coil all the way to the end of the straight section
Step 2: Preparing to assemble
3. Prepare to assemble the motor.
Step 3: Twisting Paperclips
5. Bend two large paperclips as shown below.
Step 4: Proper arrangement
each end of the magnet.
7. Place the rotor in the paperclip supports. When the loop of wire is oriented vertically, the
plane of the loop should be directly over the magnet. Adjust the magnet and/or supports
8. Attach the battery snap to the battery. If desired, secure battery to base using electrical tape.
9. Touch (or secure with electrical tape) the black lead from the battery snap to the
thumbtack that is securing one of the paperclips.
10. To complete the circuit, touch (or secure with electrical tape) the red lead from the
battery snap to the thumbtack securing the other paperclip.