Step 1: Materials
- Pen (Personal favorite: Pilot G-2 05)
- Gorilla tape (Personal favorite: gorilla) - important to use heavy duty tape like these; packing, masking, or scotch tape won't be as durable or reliable. And gorilla tape is black so it looks great with the Moleskine!
Step 2: Prepare the tape
- Cut a piece of tape long enough to sufficiently adhere to the front of the journal, wrap around the pen, and then sufficiently adhere to the back - about 4.5 inches. Lay this strip of tape sticky-side-up on the table. Repeat.
- Cut a piece of tape just long enough to protect the pen from the sticky side of the other strip - about 1.25 inches.
- Lay this second strip of tape in the middle of the first (longer) strip, sticky side to sticky side. BEFORE YOU START: it's good to stick the pieces together in such a way that gives them at least a little of the curvature they'll have when in place on the journal (see photo). This way their eventual curvature will be more natural.
- Repeat steps 2-3 for second long strip.