This project came to me when I stumbled upon a QR Code creator site. For those who don't know, QR stands for Quick Response, and is essentially a very easy to read barcode. I did some more research and soon discovered that a QR Code can link to many different things.
Part 2: Development
I thought to myself, there has got to be a way to use this. I am a graduating high school senior and had just signed up for summer orientation at my university. So I thought, what if I could use QR to meet new people, instead of handing out a business card or writing my information down, what if the person I met could whip out their smartphone and simply point it at my t-shirt to get my contact info, email address, even friend me on Facebook.
Part 3: Creation
Well, that's where the Instructables Guide comes in. Please let me know what you think in the comments.
Step 1: The QR Reader
Step 2: Creating the QR Codes
For my shirt, I used 5 QR Codes, Contact, Phone, URL, Email, and SMS
Here is a step-by-step for the 'Contact' QR Code:
1. Under 'Select the type of QR symbol you want to make.' Select 'Contact'
2. For best resolution, you are going to want to choose '500x500' for the 'Image Size'
3. Choose 'H' under 'Error Correction' so that the shirt is easily readable by a phone.
4. And then simply fill in all of your information under 'Contact.'
5. Then click 'Generate QR Code'
6. Right click the QR code and open in the image in a new tab.
7. Right click and Save the QR code to an accessible folder
You can repeat the steps using whatever type of QR symbol you want until you are satisfied.
Step 3: Finding the Icons you want
Step 4: Putting it all on the Shirt
Step1: Pick a Shirt
On Zazzle.com, click 'Create' underneath the logo, and then choose 'Men's Shirts,' 'Women's Shirts,' 'Kid's Shirts,' or 'Hoodies.' And choose a shirt you want to design on (you can change this later)
Step 2: Add Images
On the right side of the screen, under 'Customize it!' click 'Add Images...'
This is where you select all of the images in the folder you created with both your icons and QR Codes.
Step 3: Arranging
After you have uploaded all of your photos. Arrange them in a way that the icon is next to the respective QR Code (See Attached).
Step 4: BUY
Purchase the shirt, and you are now a walking business card!