After giving up on the original green bottle, learning how to solder, and finishing two prototypes- I present to you, the Sol Rod.
P.S- This is my first instructable, if anything's confusing or whatnot, comment on it! I could use some pointers.
Step 1: What you're gonna need...
- A 3/4th diameter copper pipe (The length is of personal preference- I just used what was on hand)
- A 3/4th Female adapter
- A 3/4th Copper cap
- A Ultraviolet LED
- A 470ohm resistor
- A A23 Battery (They're usually used in cameras and garage remotes- if you can't find any in the battery section of your Target/CVS/Whatever, look in the photo section.)
- Spools of electrical wire (Red and Black are helpful)
- A switch (Radioshack calls it a SPST Mini Toggle)
- Electrical tape
- A dollar store door alarm (To be torn apart for parts)
- A small glass bottle
- A bottle of Tonic Water
- A hot glue gun
- Power drill (I don't know what kind of drill bit I used- the wording is etched out :()
- A Soldering Iron
- Wire cutters
- Wire strippers
- A Propane tank (With a torch attachment)
- Plumber's solder
The odds and ends-
- Your favorite epoxy (I use Gorilla glue myself)
- An Altoids Smalls tin
- Legos (Yes, Legos. specifically a flat 2x6 piece and two 1x2 pieces. The battery holder step will clear this up.)
- About 4 hours worth of free time.