Introduction: Kumbakonam Degree Coffee
Welcome to The Spice Queen Show....
Kumbakonam, a district in Tamil Nadu is famous for their Degree Coffee. This coffee is also known as Meter Coffee.
Step 1: If You Need a Strong, Hot Milk Coffee - This Is It!
Prep Time 10 min
Cook Time 5 min
Ingredients 1 ½ - 2 tablespoons coffee powder
150 ml water
300 ml full cream milk
2 teaspoons sugar
- Place the decoction set’s upper cup onto the lower cup.
- Place coffee powder into the decoction set’s upper cup. Using the stemmed press, compact the coffee powder in.
- Bring water to boil in a pan or kettle and pour into the decoction container. Close the lid and leave aside for the coffee to drip down into the lower cup for about 15 minute.
- Place sugar in a stainless steel tumbler.
- Pour 2-3 tablespoons of the coffee decoction over the sugar.
- Bring milk to boil and pour the hot milk into the tumbler.
- Swish coffee to and fro and drink it hot and frothy!
- Use only good quality filter coffee powder.
- You can strain the cream that forms on the top of the boiled milk if you don’t like cream.
- How much of the coffee decoction you use depends on the strength of coffee you want.
- Do not re-heat the coffee again on direct heat. Place the coffee cup inside a container of boiling water to warm it.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.