Introduction: The Swiss Army Key Organizer
Hello fellas, this time (despite the quality of my pics) I've created a key organizer inspired by the famous multitool knife.
So, why would you want to make this thing?
1) Because you want to feel "more swiss"
2) Because you always risk to lose your keys (here I am)
3) Because you're a well organized person/maker
4) Because yes
5) Because you love my Instructables ( excellent motivation!! :-P )
So.. LET'S SEE HOW IT'S MADE!!
- Due to the dimensions and the weight that this item can reach, it might be used as a weapon. So I'm not responsible, in any case, for any damage that people might cause, to other people or things, using it. I created this guide to instructional purpose only. So, please, use your hands to create and not to hurt, or worse, destroy. ALWAYS. -
Step 1: Step 1: Parts and Tools
Just like in the previous project (here), even this time you'll need just few things as well, and you can easily find them at your local hardware store:
- a lot of chocolate (WHY NOT?!?!)
- 2 metal pending plates
- 2 flat washers
- 2 self-locking nuts
- 2 truss-head screws
- rubber washers as needed
- a screwdriver
* dimensions aren't intentionally reported, 'cause they depend on the size and the quantity of your keys - e.g. as you can see mines are big and numerous*
Step 2: Step 2: Assemble
This step is very simple, even if I find it a bit annoying.
I did like this:
screw - flat washer - metal pending plate - rubber washer - key - rubber washer- key (and so on) - multiple rubber washers to make room for the long key - metal pending plate - self-locking nut
you do this again on the other side, but remember: in the end the two sides gotta be specular, especially if you have long keys, or they won't have room enough.
Step 3: Step 3: You've Been "swiss-ized"!!
That's it, bravo!! Now go and show it to your friends, or better, go straight to Switzerland and let people admire your creation!!